Website Hunter Consultancy (UK) Ltd
Junior Software Engineer
Our client is a professional software development company, they are looking for a dynamic person with good IT and programming skills wishing to be part of a company with exciting plans for growth.
They want a Junior Software Engineer who is an enthusiastic lifelong learner, to support the growth of the business. Committed to a career in IT, a lifelong learning and is a Self-Starter.
About the Role
There are a number of tasks and responsibilities in this role, these include:
- Give software support to customers (although this may also involve some hardware support) and participate in the development of bespoke software packages, you should have at least two years’ experience of software development.
- To be polite and courteous to customers at all times and ensure that the customer care operation of the Company is adequately maintained.
- Act in a support role to the sales staff, giving technical support where necessary, and deal with telephone enquiries for support, attend callout to customer’s premises as required.
- Maintain a daily work timetable with an accurate record of all contact made with customers and ensure that the company’s customer database is adequately updated with the outcomes of any conversations with customers.
- Ensure that all engineering targets that are allocated to you are achieved, especially where the company’s own software solutions are concerned, attend team, staff meetings as required.
- Ensure that you have the required skills to carry out the software development and engineering tasks that is relevant to your job function.
- Although some administrative support is available, the company expects you to take responsibility for your resource/administrative needs.
- Observe our clients policies and procedures.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate for the furtherance of the Company’s aims and objectives and your own personal development.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Operating Systems in a support environment.
- Experience of Bespoke Programming, must have experience of using one or more of the following languages, Visual Basic (VB.NET), C#, C++, Visual C, JAVA, ASP, ASP.NET etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a pleasant telephone manner.
- Must have proof of a formal qualification Degree, HNC, HND etc.
- Must have Organisational/Planning skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent Time-keeper, and the ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to use own initiative, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to participate research and produce documentation
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Commitment to observe company policies and procedures, these include Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety.
- Computer Science Degree Clean full
- UK driving license and own car
Our client has been matching customers’ precise business needs with the most suitable products from our wide range of standard and customised software for more than two decades. They are 100% committed to providing software and related services that are efficient, reliable and user-friendly – making your company more productive and profitable whilst making life easier for you and your staff.
Andrew Hunter November 8, 2018