Website Available on request
Junior Software Engineer wanted near Victoria
Our client works with organisations to improve their security and compliance by providing automated cyber security and compliance solutions and services.
They aim to become a leading European cyber security and information compliance services and solutions provider for mid size to large organisations with clients across Europe, Africa, Middle East and the Far East.
They are a start-up on the verge of an exciting growth phase.
About the Role
They are looking for a candidate with strong interest and good knowledge of server side software development (C/C++) is required to join and help a small and dynamic team develop and create a high performance multithreaded server-level technology designed to detect and defeat advanced cyber threat vectors. Further technologies of interest can include cyber security, networking, TCP/IP, testing frameworks and Windows development.
- A good university degree in computer science or computer engineering is required, with a First or 2:1.
- Understanding of systems programming. Understanding of file systems, server and kernel architectures, with a grasp of data structures and algorithms. Understanding of cloud-computing technologies (e.g., computation, storage, messaging).
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Web Service
- technologies i.e. SOAP, REST, WSDL, JSON, JAXWS.
- Familiarity with object-oriented and service oriented application development techniques and theories
- Experience in C/C++, Java and Python.
- Experience with in database design and administration: PostgreSQL, Sql, Elastic search, MangoDB and ORM technologies.
- Strong Knowledge of Linux and windows platforms.
- Understanding of the principles of agile development.
- Experience with network and/or application security is a plus.
Andrew Hunter January 24, 2018