Website Available on request
Our client works with organisations to improve their security and compliance by providing automated cyber security and compliance solutions and services.
They aim to become a leading European cyber security and information compliance services and solutions provider for mid size to large organisations with clients across Europe, Africa, Middle East and the Far East.
They are a start-up on the verge of an exciting growth phase.
About the Role
They are looking for a candidate with strong interest and experience in server side software development using Java and/or C/C++ is required to join and head a small and dynamic team responsible for the development and creation of innovative security software products.
Further technologies of interest can include cyber security, research and development of mathematical algorithms, networking, TCP/IP, testing frameworks and Windows development.
*(don’t need to be an expert, but should have a solid base to build on)
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- A university bachelor degree in computer science or computer engineering with a minimum level of 2nd Class honours (equivalent to a 2:1) from a reputable university.
- Experience in designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Strong understanding of systems programming.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency*.
- Good understanding of file systems, server and kernel architectures, with solid grasp of data structures and algorithms*.
- Good understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Experience using webserver technologies, designing and using RESTfull APIs at scale. Strong background in cloud-computing technologies (e.g., computation, storage, messaging).
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Strong experience in database design and administration: PostgreSQL, Sql, Elastic search, MangoDB and ORM technologies.
- Strong Experience in C/C++, Java and Python.
- Experience in working with Linux and windows server platforms.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimisation.
- Experience with automated testing and writing unit and integration testing.
- Experience of Agile Programming, pairing and working within a collaborative team.
- Experience with network and/or application security is a plus.
Andrew Hunter January 24, 2018