Website Hunter Consultancy
Our client is a Managed Service Provider with more than 30 years of experience in providing IT services for the dental profession. They work with variety of clients across the UK and Ireland to help them find effective and efficient ways of working, introducing IT hardware and electronic innovations to ensure their clients are at the cutting edge of the industry.
They are looking for an enthusiastic Workshop Analyst Apprentice to join their team. This is a great opportunity to gain a lot of valuable experience with a company with a history of progression for apprentices. You will be joining a team of dedicated professionals who are happy to help and provide guidance when required.
About the Role
The role includes a number of duties and responsibilities, these include:
- Assisting with the configuration and installation of new IT systems
- Communicate and serve customers
- Manually examine and repair computer hardware and peripheral components
- Test functionality and assess problems by operating computer systems or related
- Troubleshoot computer systems problems
- Take apart and re-assemble computer components and parts
- Use small handheld tools such as screwdrivers, voltmeters, etc.
- Manually set up computer systems and hardware and install or re-install software programs for computer users
- Work with colleagues (e.g., other computer repair and maintenance technicians) to resolve computer-related problems (troubleshooting)
- Read and review technical support manuals or other materials.
- Good knowledge of Windows OS
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Good attention to detail and a conscientious approach
- Good social skills and the ability to work successfully with a wide range of people
- Mac OS
- Linux OS
- VoIP telephony
- Network and firewalls
- Backup systems
Andrew Hunter August 31, 2018