Level 4 Trailblazer Apprenticeship
Who should take this Apprenticeship?
The primary role of a Cyber Security Technologist is to apply an understanding of cyber threats, hazards, risks, controls, measures and mitigations to protect organisations systems and people.
Those focused on the technical side work on areas such as security design & architecture, security testing, investigations & response.
Those focused on the risk analysis side focus on areas such as operations, risk, governance & compliance.
Whether focused on the technical or risk analysis side, all people in this occupation work to achieve required security outcomes in a legal and regulatory context in all parts of the economy.
They develop and apply practical knowledge of information security to deliver solutions that fulfil an organisation’s requirements.
Typical job roles
Upon completion of this Apprenticeship the Apprentice will be able to progress into the following:
- Cyber Operations Manager
- Security Architect
- Penetration Tester
- Security Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Intelligence Researcher
- Security Sales Engineer
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Information Security Analyst
- Governance & Compliance Analyst
- Information Security Assurance & Threat Analyst
- Forensics & Incident Response Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Information Security Auditor
- Security Administrator
- Information Security Officer
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include A’ Levels, level 3 apprenticeship or other relevant qualification relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths.
Level 2 English and Maths will need to be achieved, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment.
The Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship is comprised of core modules and then separates into specialisms.
All apprentices will cover the following core modules:
- Threats, hazards, risks and intelligence
- Developing and using a security case
- Organisational context
- Future Trends
In addition to the core, all apprentices will select ONE of the following specialisms:
Option 1: Technologist
- Design build & test a network (“Build a network”)
- Analysing a security case (“Make the security case”)
- Structured and reasoned implementation of security in a network
Option 2: Risk Analyst
- Cyber security risk assessment
- Audit and assurance
- Incident response and business continuity
- Cyber security culture in an organisation
The Cyber Security Technologist Apprenticeship underpins the following skills, attitudes & behaviours:
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
The duration of this apprenticeship is typically 24 months.
This is a level 4 Trailblazer Apprenticeship.
How to Apply
You can email email@example.com or call 0115 822 6577 to apply or for more information on the apprenticeship.
admin February 23, 2017