Our client is one of the largest energy providers in Britain supplying gas and electricity to homes across the country. They currently employ more 1000 members of staff across a variety of roles.
They are looking for an IT 2nd Line Support Technician working at their London office.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be supporting and maintaining the server, desktop systems and applications, the office 365 environment and provide a 2nd line escalation.
- Diagnosing and resolving IT technical issues
- Providing desktop, mobile and server support
- Ensuring logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Ensuring patches and upgrades are applied to core servers
- Fault finding on core servers
- Office 365 maintenance
- Assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Escalating issues to 3rd Line Support where necessary
- Undertaking IT project tasks as instructed by IT Manager
- On call required on a rota basis.
- Occasional travel to support other sites maybe required.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone with a technically minded, who has a good understanding of IT technologies and experience within an IT Support team, who is able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) qualification.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) qualification.
- Experience of a range of technologies and ability to adapt to new technologies
- Vendor qualified in virtualisation technology or experience with VMWare or Hyper-V
- Experience with Storage arrays and store area networks
- Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/ Internet Protocol (IP) networks and networking
- Security + experience with Firewall technologies.
Andrew Hunter May 14, 2019