Website Hunter Consultancy
Looking for an opportunity to gain internationally accredited IT certifications?
Want to start your career in IT Support with an established IT services provider?
We have the perfect role for you. Since 2003 our client has provided IT products and services to a wide range of SME clients. They are looking for an Apprentice IT Helpdesk & Technical Support Engineer.
In this role you will join a team of IT Support Technicians and undergo training to competently provide IT solutions, expertise and customer service in support of the Company’s clients.
After apprenticeship qualifications are completed and in the event that your contract is renewed your training will continue and will ultimately enable you to:
- Work on your own initiative and within a team diagnosing and solving technical problems of varying levels of difficulty.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to the company’s clients and your co-workers.
- Identify IT related problems / issues and take remedial action and preventative measures.
- To plan ahead in the installation of new systems, hardware and software.
- To react quickly to system problems and make quick informed decisions and judgments as to appropriate action and apply positive solutions
About the Role
You will be responsible a number tasks and responsibilities, these include:
- Support and contribute to the improved achievement of IT performance through effective customer service.
- Support and contribute to the achievement of effective administration within the IT Department.
- Deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
You will train, maintain and develop your IT skills for the Company’s clients and users with particular regard to the following areas and requirements. Some of these areas may not be applicable until after your apprenticeship period has been completed.
- Windows 8 & Windows 8.1 Desktop Operating Systems.
- Windows 2008/2012 Server environment. Knowledge of Windows Active Directory.
- Exchange server 2010/2013.
- Maintain and manage network infrastructures including the core switches, cabling, peripheral devices and related equipment.
- Install, configure and maintain clients’ servers and workstations in line with the Company’s standards.
- Work with multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Identify and resolve issues with workstations, operating systems and network infrastructures.
- Complete documentation of all systems processes and related system configurations, cabling and placements.
- Regularly monitor and record server and network performances.
- Maintain current virus protection strategies.
- Maintain and manage an efficient information storage and retrieval system including automated daily back ups.
- Maintain and manage all peripheral devices connected to the network.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of technical services.
- Ensure effective administration support to all departments ensuring quality customer service delivery.
- Attend training sessions and assist in training workshops for clients and their end-users.
- Undertake from time to time, other duties which may not form part of this job description.
Deliver High Level of Customer Satisfaction
- To ensure excellent customer service is maintained at all times.
- Housekeeping standards are maintained to the Company’s requirements at all times.
- Develop and maintain customer site records for relevant support information.
- Ensure that the Helpdesk is aware of all issues and information regarding sites allocated and falling under your responsibility.
- Attend training sessions and possibly assist in training workshops.
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to client problems to ensure user productivity.
- Assist in the resolution of user and support issues of the Company’s.
- Research, resolve and respond to questions received via telephone calls, emails and site visits in a timely manner and in accordance with
- Company’s standards.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant products and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Log all support calls on the Helpdesk system and keep current and updated information for each call in order for other support users to access when required.
- A team player capable of working with others
- Good time management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Disciplined, self-motivated work ethic
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Passion for IT
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent understanding of internet technologies.
Criminal Records Bureau As part of the Company’s Safe Recruitment policy and in line with current Government regulations, all staff who are required to visit our education sites as part of their work responsibilities, will undergo a robust Advanced level CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check.
Andrew Hunter August 31, 2018