Job Title Synonyms: Data Scientist
Company: Hunter Consultancy (UK) Ltd
Location: London and Cambridge
Salary: £500 – 650 per day
Our client is an award-winning IT and Business Consultancy specialising in Change Management initiatives which we deliver in a collaborative way with our Clients. They are currently working on a wide variety of assignments that include some major Digital Transformation initiatives, Regulatory and Compliance Programmes and Tools adoption projects where we are providing specialist technical and business services to a client base of primarily Tier 1 banks.
The Data Scientist will be a key participant in projects leading to end-to-end cloud native solutions for Market Conduct predictive analytics activities.
About the Role
There will be a number of day to day tasks and responsibilities in this role, these include:
- Work closely with Data Scientist for development of predictive analytics tools, their prototyping and implementation
- Create Data Platform for Advanced Analytics teams to enable them in creating of end-to-end automation and AI capabilities
- Advice on the best in industry standards to solve particular problems
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices
- Experienced in integrating multiple heterogeneous systems.
- Dealt with variety of languages and tools (eg Scripting languages)
- Deploy modelling and other AI solutions developed by Advanced Analytics within various business systems
- Create ETL script for sourcing and connecting data from structured and unstructured database
Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Collaborate with data scientists, data architects and team members on project goals
- Data Implementation Checks and Data Quality Assurance
- Conduct UAT to ensure error handling and user experience
Development of bespoke solutions and tools to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of surveillance within Regulatory Compliance
- Execute the assigned projects/analysis as per the agreed timelines and with accuracy and quality.
- Document data architecture designs and associated platform development tasks
- Formally present platform requirements to IT and other relevant stakeholders
- Adhere with all the applicable compliance policies (Data security policy, operational risk, Functional manual, Group Compliance Manual, Audit recommendations, Internal Control requirements, relevant regulatory guidelines etc.) and the bank’s business standards as applicable.
- Lead projects and initiatives including supervision and mentoring of team members
- Creative and analytical thought process and aptitude for problem solving; Post Graduate qualifications (quantitative MSc/PhD) in Software Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Electronic Engineering or any other relevant quantitative discipline
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience of working in relevant Software Engineering or Analytics field. Knowledge and understanding of financial services preferred and market conduct landscape is preferred
- Strong experience in creating infrastructure platforms for Machine Learning based solutions, experience in developing end-to-end solutions and deploying them. Experience in creating web services. Some experience in Front End development would be a plus.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and services like: BigQuery, Dataprep, Dataflow, Dataproc, Cloud ML Engine, Kubernetes, Cloud Datastore and experience with equivalent services on AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of database architectures, ETL Scripting for Hadoop-based technologies (eg MapReduce, Hive and Pig), SQL-based
technologies (eg PostgreSQL and MySQL) and NoSQL technologies (eg Cassandra and MongoDB).
- Familiarity with data ingestion tools (Flume, Kafka, Sqoop, Storm).
- Interest in the field of Machine Learning and good understanding of the Data Science landscape. Experience with some of the ML libraries would be an added value. Interest in Natural Language Processing and text analysis.
- Strong experience in at least two of the following: Python, Java, C/C++, Matlab, SAS, R relevant data visualisation tools
- Very good knowledge of Linux
- Experience with designing microservices and APIs, experience in serverless architectures
- Project based business knowledge, and awareness of model risk governance
- Good understanding of trading cycles for financial instruments
Andrew Hunter January 30, 2019