Our client is the UK’s premier service for business and home security systems. They have more than 40 of years experience in the security industry and they are seeking a multi-skilled Fire & Security Alarm Engineer with an electrical engineering background.
You will work mainly within Glasgow and at times you will have to travel throughout Scotland for maintenance and service. Ideally the engineer is to live in Glasgow and should be willing to travel to accommodate the companies.
There are a number of day to day tasks and responsibilities, these include:
- Servicing and maintaining various Fire Alarm Systems, CCTV and access control systems.
- Working towards and exceeding maintenance and fault finding targets.
- Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Carry out corrective and preventative maintenance of fire alarm systems, emergency lighting and portable extinguishers.
- Commission/ Handover of Advanced Fire Alarm systems
- Be part of an On Call Rota for OOH callouts and telephone support.
- Installation of both conventional and analogue addressable fire alarm systems to a high standard of workmanship
- Installation/commission of portable extinguishers
- Understanding the clients’ needs and fulfilling all jobs required
- Any other reasonable requests from management
- The post holder will ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves and their team in accordance with company Policy
- To actively support at all times, company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information
- The post holder will understand the regulatory, fair trading and competition rules relating to their work sufficiently to be able to comply with them, relying on their own knowledge or on their ability to recognise that they will need specialist support
- Good communication skills
- Good fault finding skills first time fix
- A proven background and experience of working within fire and engineering
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of various intruder Intruder alarms Texecom and Galaxy panels. CCTV and access control.
- Network/IP based product experience
- Experience of undertaking service, repair work
- Experience of conventional and addressable fire systems across a range of manufacturers equipment
- Good installation practices
- Knowledge of integration of detection systems into other disciplines would be a real advantage
- Full understanding to BS5839 is essential
- FIA Service & Maintenance of Fire Extinguishers
- Good overall fire product knowledge
- Full UK driving license
- Advanced Fire Alarm systems knowledge is desirable
- Competitive salary,
- On call rota and overtime available,
- Company vehicle
- Mobile phone
Andrew Hunter March 19, 2019