Website Available on request
Looking to get into the IT sector?
Do you want to develop your skills further and gain valuable experience as an apprentice?
Our client is seeking to recruit an IT Technician for its Installations and Support department in St Albans, Hertfordshire. In this role you will be able to achieve your goals.
The successful candidate will require a solid understanding and practical working knowledge of PC hardware and printers and of MS Windows XP and Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and general PC software and will be required to demonstrate that practical working knowledge at interview. You will need to have excellent clear and supportive communication skills, essential when supporting customers over the telephone and for face to face service, installations and training visits. The successful candidate will be working closely with the company’s Technical Director and under guidance of the Office Manager and will be required to work under their own initiative.
About the Role
The work involves visiting customers so a full clean UK manual driving licence is essential. Training will be given to learn software and the Company’s support systems but the successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide first line telephone and remote access customer support of all the hardware and software products the Company handles
- Use the Company’s support database to log and manage support calls
- Prepare PC & EPoS equipment and software disks etc prior to dispatch
- Test and diagnose equipment returned from customers and suppliers and carry out basic repairs
- Organise returns of faulty equipment to suppliers and returns of equipment to customers
- Keep customers informed on the progress of repairs
- Remedy data faults and prepare simple queries to interrogate dBase and MS SQL databases
- Install PC equipment & EPoS systems to customer sites nationwide
- Train end-users on the use of Software
- Carry out general workshop and office duties
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Microsoft Office and PC Hardware
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Full UK driving license
Established in 1993 our client have provided installation and support services of general PC equipment and, more extensively, EPoS systems for Dry Cleaners and Launderers.
Andrew Hunter August 19, 2017