Avaliable on request
Our client is an IT services company based in Middlesex, their clients are mainly small and medium sized enterprises across the UK. They provide every aspect of computer hardware and software support for their clients and are now looking for a customer-focused IT Support Technician to join their team. The majority of the work will be office based, however, onsite support is also provided.
- Trainee from £16,000
- Experienced from £20,000
- Senior from £28,000
Location of work:
The role will be based in Stanmore, Middlesex with some site calls to customers in North West and Central London and around the UK.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
To provide high quality customer service and support to customers.
Main Duties of the IT Support Technician:
IT Support (remote and on-site)
- Problem investigation
- Problem diagnosis
- Solution implementation
- Documentation of actions and findings
- Communication with customer throughout process
- Escalation of problem where appropriate
- Set up of user accounts
- Proactive support – on-going maintenance and monitoring of systems in accordance with appropriate plans.
- Preparation of equipment and services in line with work specification and appropriate deadlines
- Implementation of hardware and services through onsite or remote work
- Ongoing documentation and updating of records regarding supported networks.
You will have demonstrable customer service experience, technical support experience and will have held a previous client facing/desk side role position.
A fast learner with the ability to follow processes and procedures, you will be able to prioritise and manage several open cases at the same time.
Essential to your success:
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manor
- This is a customer focused role
- An outgoing personality
- A passion for IT and technology
- Good problems solving skills
- A basic knowledge of PC hardware with experience of diagnosing problems
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Server OS is an advantage)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Full UK driving licence
Advantageous to your success in providing 1st and 2nd Line IT Support:
- Experience with MS Windows server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012 or Small Business Server product series
- Advanced experience with MS Windows XP / Vista / 7/8
- Basic Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Microsoft Office 2003 / 2007 / 2010 / 2013 installation and operating
- Understanding of Microsoft Exchange server 2003 / 2007 / 2010 / 2013
How to Apply
To apply for this role you need to click the apply link below, you will need to create a username and enter your email address. After we have verified your account you can make your application and upload your CV.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 822 6577 for more information.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- MS Windows server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012
- Small Business Server
- Microsoft Exchange server 2003 / 2007 / 2010 / 2013
- MS Office (in general)
Salary: 24 000 gross annual income
Required degree level: HND / Foundation Degree
admin February 6, 2017