Website Available on request
Are you gifted with IT hardware?
Do you want to be paid while you are trained for a career in IT?
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to earn while you learn as an IT Technician Apprentice. In this role you will work with a variety of IT hardware and gain some valuable IT qualifications.
Our client is at the forefront of electrical waste management, they are a social enterprise whose main goals are environmental responsibility, promoting community development and education. They do this by offering an environment-friendly disposal option, repairing and reusing items, then supplying them at affordable rates to developing communities.
In this role you will gain a lot of experience by working on IT hardware repairs. With experienced computer repair technicians on hand you will have all the help you need to be successful in this role.
About the Role
The role includes a number of daily duties and responsibilities; these include:
- Wiping data from machines Refurbishing computers, servers, monitors, printers, routers, switches and cables Installing operating systems
- Stripping hardware to component level and repairing
- Communicate and serve customers
- Manually examine and repair computer hardware and peripheral components.
- Test functionality and assess problems by operating computer systems or related.
- Troubleshoot computer systems problems.
- Take apart and re-assemble computer components and parts.
- Use small handheld tools such as screwdrivers, voltmeters, etc.
- Manually set up computer systems and hardware, and install or re-install software programs for computer users.
- Work with colleagues (e.g., other computer repair and maintenance technicians) to resolve computer-related problems (troubleshooting).
- Read and review technical support manuals or other materials.
- Team Work and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Organisation and Prioritisation Skills
- Full UK driving license
Our client is at the forefront of electrical waste management, providing a service that allows users to go beyond legal requirements, minimise environmental damage and maximise social benefits. As a social enterprise where ethics come before profit, its goals are environmental responsibility, promoting community development and education. They offer the most environment-friendly disposal option.
Rather than breaking up waste and recovering selected materials – often an energy-intensive process – it repairs and reuses items. These are then supplied at affordable rates to developing communities.
Andrew Hunter August 29, 2017