Website Available on request
We have an exciting opportunity to join a progressive, rapidly growing national IT technical services organisation. They have heavily invested in state of the art Server Consolidation, Cloud and Business Continuity technologies. They are looking for a Senior Technical Analyst with a “Can do” attitude who will benefit from on-going investment in staff training which the company feels is a key reason for the company’s success. A number of accreditations are retained annually with major Blue chip players such as Microsoft, VMware and IBM. As a prolific IBM partner within the SME space the company is use to punching above its weight and regularly featured in the press.
Our client is currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable Microsoft Technician to join their existing team with immediate effect. They are not just looking for people to maintain systems and “exist” on a day to day basis. You will receive considerable support in achieving your full potential, candidates are expected to challenge the norm, have fresh ideas and make a difference.
You will be working in a dynamic environment where new installations utilising the latest tried and tested IT trends are a frequent part of our operation.
About the Role
This is a diverse technical role dealing with both small and large SME type clients, utilising mainstream technologies such as VMware, Windows 2012, Cisco WAN’s as well as Cloud services. The ideal candidate will be a key part of a highly motivated technical team and have excellent customer interaction skills. An ability to document customer issues and articulate in non-technical jargon are essential. Our client has always remained at the leading edge of technology therefore, candidates are expected to have a flexible approach to work and be able to pass mainstream certification exams as needed by the business. They recognise continuity and investment in staff training as a key reason for their incredible success.
- The Technical Analyst will report directly to the Regional Manager
- Provide on-site, remote and email support
- Diagnose and troubleshoot both hardware and software issues
- Escalate issues as required
- Be able to correctly size and configure solutions
- Assist in any other general tasks that may arise
- Monitor SLA’s and prioritise work to stay within SLA’s
- Assist with installation rollouts
- Complete on-site scheduled health checks
- Have a flexible approach and attitude
- Experience of supporting Windows Server installations
- Active Directory and Group Policy configurations.
- To be familiar with Microsoft Office and the ability to support users on all the common tools including Excel, Word and Outlook
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience in a role where you have provided IT support to multiple clients or multiple sites.
- A full UK driving license and suitable own transportation for the use of travelling to and from the office and for potential travel to and from customers’ sites.
- Networking solutions, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN technologies and VOIP
Andrew Hunter July 18, 2018