Website Hunter Consultancy
Our client is part of Europe’s largest Point-of-Sale provider who provide end to end marketing services. They are looking for an IT Systems Support Engineer.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting their IT systems, you will also provide outstanding 1st and 2nd line desk support services to 190 employees based in Wiltshire. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing various levels of Apple, Windows & Server infrastructure and application support across the user community. The post holder will be proficient in Windows support and have experience of installing, configuring and supporting Windows systems.
About the Role
There will be a number of day to day duties in this role, these include:
- Provide 1st / 2nd level desktop and application support for Mac Users, Windows users and network issues.
- Maintain logs of all support issues in the service desk application.
- Initiate, co-ordinate and escalate internal support tickets.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network support tickets undertaking repairs and fixes where possible and escalating more complex problems to the appropriate member of the team or third party provider.
- Create and maintain new and existing systems documentation.
- Liaise with third party hardware and software providers.
- Scheduling and performing builds of Apple workstations.
- Resolve warranty hardware replacements by liaising with suppliers/manufacturers.
- Assisting with archiving and housekeeping of data systems.
- Applying windows patches on a scheduled basis
- Out of hours work may be required in order to suit business demands.
- To support the IT Infrastructure Director with regards to ad-hoc department activities.
- A solid knowledge of Mac OS and experience of managing Macs in an enterprise environment,
Windows Server 2012 including DHCP, DNS, WSUS and Remote Desktop Services
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux,
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy,
- Exchange/O365 administration
- Able to work as a team,
- Self-aware/willing to develop,
- Ability to resolve issues effectively and methodically,
- Good communication skills,
- Strong Customer Service and Technical skills required,
- Proficient in the applications which make up the Adobe Creative Suite of products in order to support designers,
- Minimum experience of 5 years working in a similar role.
- Project Delivery
- Friendly working environment
- 26 Annual holidays plus
- Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Due to location, own transport is essential
Andrew Hunter May 2, 2019